Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani has revealed the option to extend Marcelo Bielsa’s contract expires at the end of May.
The Italian businessman has told talkSPORT ‘the next few days will be decisive’ over whether the popular boss remains at Elland Road for another season.
Getty
4
Bielsa is a very popular figure with Leeds supporters
Supporters are desperate for the experienced Argentine to stay after an impressive first season in charge.
The campaign ultimately ended in disappointment, as the Whites failed to clinch automatic promotion and were then knocked out of the play-offs, but Bielsa’s exciting brand of football has reinvigorated the club and there is a feeling their 15-year Premier League exile could soon be over.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Their third-place finish, six points adrift of an automatic spot, was the club’s best league position since they were relegated from the Premier League.
Bielsa has been in talks with the club about his future as manager over the last week, amid reports that clubs in Spain and Italy are interested in the former Argentina coach.
And Radrizzani has now revealed Leeds expect to make an announcement about the manager’s future soon.
Speaking to talkSPORT host Jim White, the United owner said: “I can say we have a chance to keep him.
getty
4
Bielsa has transformed Leeds into one of the Championship’s most exciting teams in just one season
getty
4
They fell just short of promotion this season after a late slip down the table and a heartbreaking play-off exit
“We’ll see. The next few days will be decisive and we will make an announcement. We’ll see in the next few days.
“We have an option until the end of the month. We are talking to him and we have few things to clarify but after that we will make our decision public soon.”
Radrizzani also insisted he has no plans to leave the club after their latest failure to win promotion back to the Premier League.
The Italian even hinted he is ready to invest big money into the squad when they return to the top flight, which he is confident will be soon.
4
Andrea Radrizzani spoke exclusively to talkSPORT host Jim White
Asked about his long-term future at the club, he added: “I am here.
“I hope we will get there one day and I’m here until that day because I really want to enjoy the moment with the fans.
“Hopefully it will be soon.
“I start to play when I go up. At the moment I’m just observing football…”
Listen back to talkSPORT’s interview with Andrea Radrizzani IN FULL above!
Messi, 31, made his Champions League bow in December 2004 and initially outscored Ronaldo. Indeed, at the end of the 2011-12 season Messi had scored 13 more goals in the competition.
UEFA Champions League - Barcelona-PSV - 'Majestic' Messi
Neymar has urged Paris Saint-Germain to sign unsettled Barcelona star Philippe Coutinho, according to reports. Coutinho, 26, has struggled to adapt to life in Catalonia since his £142million switch from Liverpool and reports claim Barca could be willing to part ways with their playmaker for the right price.
PSG star Neymar pushing club to sign under-fire Barcelona ace
Tottenham striker Harry Kane says he is "ready to go" after recovering from an ankle injury in time for Saturday's Champions League final against Liverpool. Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino
Harry Kane gamble backfires for Tottenham but striker not
Transfer news and football gossip: Barcelona want Lacazette, Pogba given Real Madrid ultimatum and Tottenham line up Ajax star by: 161385360554578 — Talk Sport 5 May talkSPORT.com round up all the latest transfer news and football gossip from Sunday's papers and online.
Paul Pogba Is Ready To QUIT Manchester United - One News Page
Petr Cech will start for Arsenal in the Europa League final against Chelsea - despite reports he will become the Blues' new director of football this summer. The Gunners goalkeeper will play his last ever game, against his former club, before hanging up his gloves for good.
Chelsea vs Arsenal line-ups: Confirmed team news and
Manchester City transfer news: David Silva set for Qatar as Premier League champions eye £40m Youri Tielemens as replacement the diminutive playmaker and is eyeing a move for Monaco's Youri
Manchester City transfer news: David Silva set | SportSpyder
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp urged his players to 'show some f****** balls' before their historic Champions League comeback against Barcelona. The Reds were seen by most as down and out after a
Liverpool star Dejan Lovren reveals what Jurgen Klopp told
bigsportsnews.com/soccer/liverpool-star-dejan-lovren-reveals-what-jurgen-klopp-told-reds-before-barcelona-win/
Liverpool star Dejan Lovren reveals what Jurgen Klopp told Reds before Barcelona win of that night as he dropped an f-bomb in his team talk. show f*cking
Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona: Reds fans from across the world
Tottenham's new stadium hailed as 'best I have seen around the world' by talkSPORT's Ian Abrahams Written by: fpnews Posted on: March 24, 2019 Tottenham Hotspur's new stadium may well be the best in the world.
Tottenham new stadium latest: Spurs' £1billion ground hailed
hollywoodadviser.com/tottenham-new-stadium-latest-spurs-1billion-ground-hailed-as-best-i-have-seen-around-the-world-by-talksports-ian-abrahams/
test event Spurs are holding the first of two test events at their new stadium on Sunday, with their Under-18s taking on Southampton talkSPORT's Ian 'The Moose' Abrahams believes the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium is 'the best in the country' and the best he has seen across the entire globe!
Tottenham new stadium latest: Spurs' £1billion ground hailed
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino hailed Christian Eriksen as an 'unbelievable player' following their win at home to Brighton. Eriksen's long-range effort on 88 minutes secured the 1-0 victory for Spurs, and maintained their 100 per cent..
Mauricio Pochettino hails 'unbelievable' Christian Eriksen as
fussboll.com/2019/04/23/mauricio-pochettino-hails-unbelievable-christian-eriksen-as-dane-fires-home-stunning-winner/
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino hailed Christian Eriksen as an 'unbelievable […] Mauricio Pochettino hails 'unbelievable' Christian Eriksen as Dane fires home stunning winner - Fussboll Home
Tottenham 1-0 Brighton: Mauricio Pochettino hai | SportSpyder
Neymar has been replaced as Brazil captain for next month's Copa America by Paris St Germain team-mate Dani Alves. In a statement released on Monday, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF
Dani Alves to replace Neymar as Brazil team captain at Copa
Club World Cup 2019: Champions League winners Liverpool will headline tournament in Qatar FIFA announced the location for the 2019 and 2020 competition on Monday before it is revamped in 2021 By
Champions League winners Liverpool to discover location of
Manchester United transfer news RECAP Man Utd 'make offer for Rabiot' and Marcus Rashford latest. The latest Man Utd transfer gossip, transfer rumours and breaking news throughout the day as the
Transfer Centre - Football Transfers News & Rumours | Sky Sports
~ Chelsea news: Blues fans plead with Maurizio Sarri to play Callum Hudson-Odoi after teenager dazzles for England ~ Kenya Latest
Chelsea news: Blues fans plead with Maurizio Sarri to play
It is set to be an entertaining final with the likes of Harry Kane and Mohamed Salah going head-to-head on June 1. Below, we take a look at No.3 on our list of iconic Champions League moments as John Terry's slip in a penalty shootout proved costly against Manchester United 11 years ago.
Chelsea captain John Terry's slip against Manchester United
fussboll.com/2019/05/30/chelsea-captain-john-terrys-slip-against-manchester-united-in-2008/
Chelsea captain John Terry's slip against Manchester United in 2008 some of the greatest moments from the competition's history. Ahead of the 2019 Champions
Father of England football captain John Terry filmed dealing
West Ham have made an opening bid in the region of £18million for Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes, according to reports. Gomes spent the season on loan at Everton and impressed in his debut
West Ham make improved £20m bid for Barcelona midfielder
sportsloveme.com/soccer/west-ham-make-improved-20m-bid-for-barcelona-midfielder-andre-gomes/
West Ham make improved £20m bid for Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes as they seek to beat Everton to signature of Portugal international. West Ham have stepped up their attempts to sign Gomes from Barcelona; The Hammers made an improved bid of £20m after failing with a £18m offer
West Ham make renewed £20m bid for Barcelona midfielder André
No comments:
Post a Comment